Amalie Auguste von Bayern
Amalie was the fourth child of King Maximilian I of Bavaria and his second wife Karoline of Baden.
She was the twin sister of Elisabeth Ludovika of Bavaria, later Queen of Prussia as wife of Frederick William IV of Prussia. Three other sisters married Frederick Augustus II of Saxony, Archduke Franz Karl of Austria and Maximilian Joseph, Duke in Bavaria. Amalie Auguste married on November 22 1822 Prince John of Saxony, who became King of Saxony between 1854 and 1873. John and Amelia had nine children:
- Maria Auguste (1827-1857)
- Albert, King of Saxony (1828-1902). Married Princess Carola, daughter of Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden
- Elizabeth (1830-1912). Married first Ferdinand, 1st Duke of Genoa, Prince of Savoy and Sardinia, and second Niccolo Marchese Rapallo.
- Friedrich August Ernst (1831-1847)
- George of Saxony (1832-1904). Married Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal
- Maria Sidonia (1834-1862)
- Anna (1836-1859). Married Ferdinand IV, Grand Duke of Tuscany.
- Margarete (1840-1858). Married her cousin Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria.
- Sophie (1845-1867). Married her cousin Duke Karl-Theodor in Bavaria (brother of Empress Elisabeth of Austria).
Joseph Karl Stieler: Amalie Auguste von Bayern, 1823