Category:14 Wall Street

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bankers Trust Building at 14 Wall Street at the corner of Broad Street and running through to Pine Street in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1910-12 and was designed by Trowbridge & Livingston in the neoclassical style. An addition with Art Deco detailing, designed by Shreve, Lamb & Harmon, was constructed in 1931-33. The stepped pyramid at the building's top became the logo for Bankers Trust, which sold the building in 1937. It was designated a NYC landmark in 1997. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))