Category:25th Infantry Division Heraldry
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia
- On a red taro leaf, 2 7/8 inches (7.30 cm) in height, and 2 inches (5.08 cm) in width at the widest point, with stem up, surrounded by a 1/8 inch (.32 cm) yellow border, a yellow lightning flash per pale 1 13/16 inches (4.60 cm) in height.
- COMBAT SERVICE IDENTIFICATION BADGE: A silver color metal and enamel device 2 inches (5.08 cm) in height consisting of a design similar to the shoulder sleeve insignia.
- The taro leaf is indicative of the descent of the 25th Division from the Hawaiian Division, while the lightning flash is representative of the manner in which the Division performs its allotted assignments.
- The shoulder sleeve insignia was authorized on 1944-09-25.
- (TIOH Drawing Number A-1-92)
Distinctive Unit Insignia
- Centered on a black volcano emitting a gold cloud a vertical lightning flash divided red above and gold below all enclosed by a pair of green palm branches with stems crossed in base and leaves terminating at either side of the cloud above.
- The lightning flash, adopted from the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 25th Infantry Division and the enclosing palm branches allude to the Division nickname “Tropic Lightning”.
- The erupting volcano is an allusion to the State of Hawaii.
- The distinctive insignia was approved on 1965-04-21.
- It was amended on 1972-05-18, to correct the nickname of the 25th Infantry Division in the symbolism.
- a. Size:
- Hoist: Three Feet.
- Fly: Four Feet.
- Fringe: 2½”
- b. Organizational colors:
- The flag consists of two horizontal stripes of equal width.
- Top Stripe: Red
- Bottom Stripe: National Flag Blue.
- Shoulder Sleeve Insignia: Centered; proper; 15 inches high.
- Piping: White.
- Fringe: Yellow.
Media in category "25th Infantry Division Heraldry"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.