Category:295 East 8th Street

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The building at 295 East 8th Street at the corner of Avenue B, across from Tompkins Square Park, was built in 1886 as the Tompkins Square Lodging House for Boys and Industrial School of the Children's Aid Society, which was also known as the Newsboys' and Bootblacks' Lodging House and the Eleventh Ward Lodging House. It was designed by Calvert Vaux and George Kent Radford of Vaux & Radford. It was later Talmud Torah Durch Moam, and has been in residential use since 1978. The building was designated a NYC landmark in 2000. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.), Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))

Media in category "295 East 8th Street"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.