Category:A755 Commandant Robert Giraud (ship, 1941)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Built by Norderwerft Koser & Meyer, Hamburg.
- Launched 1941
- Completed 18 Dec 1941. Named: IMELMANN
- Dimensions: 78 x 10.8 x 3.65 meters
- Displacement: approx. 1,200 tons
- Propulsion: 4 diesels, 2 shafts, 8,800 hp, 18.5 knots
Interned in Spain 8/1944, turned over to RN 12/1945, transferred to France 8/1946 Renamed: COMMANDANT ROBERT GIRAUD (A755) (may have been F755 initially).
- Operated as a seaplane support ship in Indochina through the 1950's;
- Reclassified as netlayer in 1963 and stationed in Madagascar.
- Decommissioned to reserve 1976.
Media in category "A755 Commandant Robert Giraud (ship, 1941)"
This category contains only the following file.
- La Fayette Indochina.jpg