From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- GRIN link : Alkanna matthioli Tausch (Accepted name: Alkanna tinctoria Tausch) Considered a synonym
- GRIN link : Alkanna tinctoria Tausch
- NCBI link: Alkanna tinctoria
- The Plant List link: Alkanna tinctoria (L.) Tausch
- Tropicos link: Alkanna tinctoria Tausch (+ sub-taxa)
- A waste majority of literature and databases use the name Alkanna tinctoria in the sense of Lithospermum tinctorium L. (1753). However, Tausch gave the name Alkanna matthioli to Lithospermum tinctorium and Alkanna tinctoria to a completely different taxon. From International code of botanical nomenclature (Vienna Code): "Tausch included two species in his new genus Alkanna: A. tinctoria Tausch (1824), a new species based on "Anchusa tinctoria" in the sense of Linnaeus (1762), and A. mathioli Tausch (1824), a nomen novum based on Lithospermum tinctorium L. (1753). Both names are legitimate and take priority from 1824" (McNeill, J. & al., eds. 2005. International code of botanical nomenclature (Vienna Code). (ICBN Vienna) Art. 11, Note 1, Ex. 17.)
Pages in category "Alkanna matthioli"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Alkanna matthioli"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Alkanna tinctoria Habi...
- Alkanna tinctoria.jpg
- Alkanna tinctoria1.jpg
- Alkanna tinctoria2.jpg
- WP 20140326 1.jpg
- WP 20140326 2.jpg
- WP 20140326.jpg