Category:Bank of Ireland Building, Dublin

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Originally begun as the Parliament House, this one-storey building is an example of early classic revival architecture. The beginning of the building belongs to the 18th century, but it was not completed in it's present form (1911) till 1805, and was the work of five successive architects, only one of them, James Gandon (1745-1823), a man of the first importance; but it was Gandon who in 1790 did most to give the building it's effective outline on plan, but introducing one of the curved quadrant walls, the building being subsequently finished in accordance with this suggestion. (from Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition, Vol. 2, Page 427)

Media in category "Bank of Ireland Building, Dublin"

The following 45 files are in this category, out of 45 total.