Category:Baptist Temple (Brooklyn)
The Baptist Temple at 356-360 Schermerhorn Street at the corner of Third Avenue in the Boerum Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1893-94 as the First Baptist Church of Brooklyn, and was designed the firm of Weary & Kramer in the Romanesque Revival style. The building was reconstructed after a fire in 1917-18, overseen by Dodge & Morrison. The congregation, founded in 1823, is the oldest Baptist congregation in Brooklyn. Their previous churches were located on Pearl Street, Naussau Street (twice), and, with another congregation, became the Pierrepont Street Baptist Church, at the corner of Clinton Street, designed by Minard Laafever. This was sold to the Brooklyn Savinhgs Bank in 1892, and the congregation moved to this site. (Source: "The Brownstoner")
Media in category "Baptist Temple (Brooklyn)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.