Category:Beamish Mueum bus (J 2503)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: J 2503 is a replica old style double-deck bus used at Beamish Museum. It was built in 1988 using a Dodge truck chassis, Perkins engine, crash gearbox and authentic pedal layout. It's meant to be a 1913 Daimler CA, and was constructed using drawings of the originals that were used by the Northern General Transport Company when they started services in 1913 between Low Fell and Chester-le-Street. The bus can be fitted with either pneumatic tyres (twinned on the rear axle), or authentic solid rubber single tyres. It was first turned out in a maroon and white livery with Beamish Tramways Motor Service fleetnames. It has since been repainted red with Northern fleetnames, with the fleetnumber CC-297.