Category:Blank maps of Modern period Europe
- Geopolitical entities of earlier eras such as Kingdom of Italy (medieval) (Medieval Lombardy considerably exceeds the boundaries of todays Lombardy (see: Category:Lombardy) or Lothlaringia are the intended content of this schema.
- Modern territories (under whatever name) have had ample development thus far in Wikimedia Foundation projects, but articles covering predecessor geopolitical regions, states and such need maps too, to distinguish them properly from their modern namesakes.
1a) current larger subnational entity boundaries 1b) and current international boundaries, 2) with sufficient room to annotate current nation-states names, 3) as well as positioning the historic region centered on the map. 4) The borders of the subject former territory should be clear and distinct.4) Maps showing major water bodies and water-boundaries, especially rivers and other relief features are highly encouraged. Riverine paths tell much of the lay of the land, ridges, and lower elevations even when no other relief feature is present.
- Finished maps
- Note: Names should avoid "Era" and use "period", despite "era"="period", for consistency with schema names of history by period
- Category:Maps showing the history of the Early Modern period
- Category:Maps showing the history of the Modern period
- Category:Maps showing the history of the Middle Ages
- Category:Maps of medieval regions of Europe
- Category:Blank maps of Medieval Europe
- Category:Blank maps of Early Modern period Europe
- Category:Blank maps of Modern period Europe
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Blank maps of Modern period Europe"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.