From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Bodhi Tree, also known as Bo, was a large and ancient Sacred Fig tree (Ficus religiosa ), under which Siddhartha Gautama (later known as Gautama Buddha), the spiritual teacher and founder of Buddhism, reached enlightenment or Bodhi.
- The sacred Bodhi Tree grew in present day Bodh Gaya, in the state of Bihar, northern India.
- In religious iconography, the Bodhi tree is recognizable by its heart-shaped leaves, which are a prominent feature.
- Designated Bodhi trees" are currently growing sacred trees, propagated by saplings and seeds from earlier specimens propagated from the original Bodhi Tree.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Bodhi Tree"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Bo Leaf (5156257428).jpg
- Bodhgaya 3639641913 f4...
- Bodhgaya 3639642319 60...
- Bodhgaya 3640451674 4c...
- Bodhgaya 3640455312 16...
- Bodhgaya 3640455476 ec...
- Kagyu Monlam Scenery.jpg
- The most sacred place ...