Category:Capon Springs, West Virginia
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Capon Springs is an unincorporated community in southeastern Hampshire County, West Virginia, United States. It is located on Capon Springs Road (West Virginia Secondary Route 16) along Capon Springs Run. Originally known as Frye's Springs after its discoverer Henry Frye, and later established as the Town of Watson on 12 December 1787, the town was renamed for its medicinal spring. The springs were believed to carry such healing power that half an acre sold for $900 in gold in the late 18th century. After West Virginia seceded from Virginia in 1863, it had to pay Virginia for the loss of the springs during Reconstruction. The historic Capon Springs & Farms resort is located here and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- [×] Capon Springs Resort (24 F)
- [×] Octagon House (Capon Springs, West Virginia) (4 F)
- [×] Old Red Store (Capon Springs, West Virginia) (10 F)