Category:Century Association (15th Street building)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The former townhouse at at 109-111 East 15th Street (originally designated 42 East 15th Street), between Union Square East and Irving Place, was built in about 1847 and purchased by the Century Association in 1857. It was extensively remodeled four times during its 34 years as a clubhouse, the first time in 1869, by Gambrill & Richardson. Although Charles Gambrill began the design before Henry Hobson Richardson joined the firm, the building appears to be an early example of Richardson's work. The exterior was restored and the interior converted in 1996-1997 by Beyer Blinder Belle. The building is the oldest surviving clubhouse in Manhattan. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))

Media in category "Century Association (15th Street building)"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.