Category:Champaign County Historical Museum

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Champaign County Historical Museum at 102 East University Avenue in Champaign, Illinois, is located in two buildings, one of which is the Cattle Bank Building, the oldest surviving commercial building in Champaign, built in 1857-58 as a branch of the Grand Prairie Bank of Urbana. When that branch closed, it became the Cattle Bank, which lasted until 1861, after which the building was used by a mineral water manufacturer and several grocery stores. It was gutted by fire in 1971, and was slated to be razed, but after being placed on the NRHP in 1975, the building was restored; restoration was completed in 1983. In 2001 the building became the home of the Champaign County Historical Museum. (Source: [1])

Media in category "Champaign County Historical Museum"

The following 44 files are in this category, out of 44 total.