Category:Chapel and Hermitage of Saint Raymond and Our Lady of Good Help

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The "Chapel and Hermitage of Saint Raymond and Our Lady of Good Help" (official name per dedication stone), also known locally as "St. Raymond's Chapel" and "Brother Bruno's Chapel" (a nickname probably derived from long time pastor Rev. Basil Bruno) was a Roman Catholic religious building on the 3100 block of Melpomene Street (later Martin Luther King Avenue) at Josephine & Derbigny, in the Central City section of New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Built about 1900, for decades it was known for its public St. Joseph's Day altar displays. Closed and vacant at the start of the 21st century, it was in the area flooded by the Hurricane Katrina levee failue disaster in 2005. It decayed further afterwards as home of squatters, and was demolished in September 2008.

Media in category "Chapel and Hermitage of Saint Raymond and Our Lady of Good Help"

The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.