Category:Chapel of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
The Former Chapel of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus at 30 Victoria Street, Singapore 187996, was designed in a Gothic Revival style by Father Charles Benedict Nain and constructed between 1902 and 1904 for the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus school for girls, which had been started by Father Jean-Marie Beurel in 1852. The school – now a leading girls' school in Singapore – moved to a new site in 1983, and following restoration works some of the school buildings were reopened in 1996 as a retail complex called CHIJMES. The chapel, now known as CHIJMES Hall, was gazetted on 26 October 1990 as a national monument together with Caldwell House, which was designed by George Drumgoole Coleman and built on the grounds in 1840–1841.

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.