Category:Church of St. Luke and St. Matthew (Brooklyn, New York)
The Church of St. Luke and St. Matthew is a historic Episcopal church at 520 Clinton Avenue between Fulton Street and Atlantic Avenue in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. It was built in 1888-91 as St. Luke's Protestant Episcopal Church and was designed by John Welch in the Romanesque Revival style. The AIA Guide to New York City describes the building's "great facade" as "Eclecticism gone beserk," while the Guide to New York City Landmarks calls it "one of the grandest ecclesiastical buildings in Brooklyn." The congregation of St. Luke's was founded in 1841.