Category:Circle Line XI (ship, 1932)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Argo-class cutter
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Bath Iron Works in Maine, costing about $258,000 in 1931 dollars
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 01.01.1932
- Date of completion: 16.01.1932
- Length over all: m
- LPP: m
- Beam: m
- Draught: m
- Main engine: Winton 158-6 large, slow speed (300 RPM cruising speed) four-stroke diesel
- Speed: kn
- 1932 Named: CALYPSO as USCGC Calypso (WPC-104) for the US Coast Guard Flag: United States
- 1940 While stationed at Norfolk, Virginia, damaging collision, involving a Navy submarine.
- 25.07.1948 Decommissioned from the military and taken to Cape May, New Jersey, where she was placed in storage and used as a training aid for the recruit indoctrination program.
- 02.11.1955 Sold to a scrap dealer for $ 15,564 but:
- Sold to Circle Line, reportedly for the grand sum of $1. Renamed: Circle Line XI
- 1958 Started carrying tourists around Manhattan. Her superstructure was rebuilt to make a twin deck passenger vessel, below decks she remained pretty much original.
- 02.11.2008 Final circuit of Manhattan, being replaced by a brand new boat.
Media in category "Circle Line XI (ship, 1932)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Circle Line X.jpg