Category:Cologne University Botanical Collection

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Botanical Institute of the University of Cologne maintains a collection of living plants. Formerly located in the center of the campus (50°55'36" N 6°55'24" E), it has now been moved to the intersection of Luxemburger Straße and Eifelwall (50°55'31" N 6°56'10" E). The collection's nursery breeds plants for teaching and reseach, and maintains numerous species of exotic plants collected on the university's expeditions, in particular succulents from southern Africa.

From 1784 to the 1830s, botanical education was provided by the Alter Botanischer Garten am Dom zu Köln.

Media in category "Cologne University Botanical Collection"

The following 67 files are in this category, out of 67 total.