Category:Derwent (ship, 1864)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Iron steamer, built as a 3 masted barquentine ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: A & J Inglis at Pointhouse, Glasgow
- Yard No: 13
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 13.04.1864
- Date of completion: 06.1864
- Length over all: m
- LPP: 59.8 m
- Beam: 7.7 m
- Draught: 4.1 m
- GRT: 478
- NET: 351
- Sail area:
- Main engine: Steam 2cy 120nhp
- Speed: kn
- ON 50005
- 1864 Named: DERWENT for J Alexander, London.
- 1864 Sold to J Wright, registered at Hobart Town, Tasmania.
- 12.1864 Sold to W Rout & Partners
- 10.1867 Sold to Tasmanian S N Co
- 03.1879 Sold to Howard Smith & Partners as Melbourne Steamship Co. Melbourne.
- 12.1883 Sold to W H Smith & Sons Ltd.
- 1891 Re-engined, compounded producing 96 hp.
- 07.1901 Sold to Howard Smith Ltd.
- 1909 Gross tonnage now measured at 459.
- 1913 Sold to Australian Steamships Pty Ltd.
- 10.1915 Sold to Howard Smith Ltd.
- 1915-16 Converted into a hulk and employed in North Queensland.
- 1925 Scuttled off Townsville, Queensland