Category:Districts of Kerala
|This is a main category or subcategory requiring frequent diffusion and maybe maintenance. As many pictures and media files as possible should be moved into the right subcategories. (more information on categories)|
- North Kerala: Kasaragod, Kannur, Wayanad, Kozhikkod (Kozhikode, Calicut), Malappuram
- Central Kerala: Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Idukki
- South Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kollam (Quilon), Alappuzha (Alleppey), Pathanamthitta, Kottayam
Almost all of the districts in Kerala have the same name as the important town or city in the district, the exception being Wayanad district, being the city of Kalpetta. The 14 districts are further divided into 62 taluks, 1,453 revenue villages and 1,007 en:Gram panchayats. Some of the districts and their towns were renamed in 1990 like Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), Kollam (Quilon), Alappuzha (Alleppey), Thrissur (Trichur or Thrishivaperur), Palakkad (Palghat), Kozhikode (Calicut) and Kannur (Cannanore).
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Alappuzha (district) (30 C)
- ► Ernakulam (district) (56 C)
- ► Idukki (25 C, 1 P)
- ► Malappuram (district) (19 C)
- ► Wayanad (district) (14 C)