From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Downey House on the campus of Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, USA was built in 1842 as a private home. It housed a private girls' school 1889–1911. Wesleyan acquired it (and gave it its present name) in 1922 as a faculty club from 1923 to 1935, then a campus social center. In 2005, it was remodeled as an academic building.