Category:Duke of Normandy II (tugboat, 1934)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Type||EMS being a river customs launch (add this type to the list)|
|Built by||Frerichswerft Aktiengesellschaft, Einswarden, Oldenberg, Germany|
|Length overall||23.2 m (25.4 yd)|
|Length between perpendiculars||21.6 m (23.6 yd)|
|Beam||4.4 m (4.8 yd)|
|Gross register tonnage||54.31 register tons|
|Main engine||6 cyl Deutz diesel 375bhp|
- 1934 Named: F.K.0.1 for German forces. Flag: Germany
- 1945 Taken over by British Forces and loaned to States of Jersey but flew the white ensign.
- 1945-10-12 Sailed Jersey for Carteret.
- 1946-06-04 Sailed Jersey for Saint Malo
- 1946-08 Replaced in service by steam tug.
- 1948-07-07 In service at DUKE OF NORMANDY II.
- 1949 Sold to States of Jersey for £600.
- 1950-11-21 Laid up at Westward steps after trouble had been found in the cylinder heads and the water circulating pump.
- 1951-09-18 First registered to States of Jersey.
- 1951-10-27 Underwent trials after repairs.
- 1958-02-14 Sailed Jersey for Guernsey for installation of new Mirrlees 290bhp engine, by John Upham Ltd at a cost of £10,275
- 1958-06-19 Work completed and returned to Jersey.
- 1960 Wheelhouse painted white during harbour works.
- 1965 Crest added to funnel.
- 1967 Early in year given extensive refit, white line cut down in depth and name added on bows. Wheelhouse white.
- 1968-07-25 Trials following the installation of a Kelvin Hughes radar.
- 1969 VHF radio installed.
- 1972-10-05 Renamed: DUKE OF NORMANDY II
- 1974-07-08 Sold to J. Robinson (A.D. Moffat Ltd.) Robertson Marine Services
- 1974-08-09 Left Jersey for use in Scotland.
- 1991 Sold to Nick Walker
Media in category "Duke of Normandy II (tugboat, 1934)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.