Category:Farm Journal Building

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Farm Journal Building at 230 West Washington Square between Locus and S. 7th Street in the Washington Square West neighborhood of Philadelphia, across from Washington Square, was built in 1911 on the site of the Orange Friends Meeting House. The Farm Journal magazine was founded in 1827 to provide information to farmers "living within a day's buggy ride" of Philadelphia. Today, the building, which features a cornucopia over the doorway, is part of Pennsylvania Hospital. (Source: "Washington Square" on USHistory.org)

Media in category "Farm Journal Building"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.