Category:Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank building at 51 Chambers Street between Broadway and Centre Street in the Civic Center neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1908-1912 and was designed by Raymond F. Almirall in the Beaux-Arts style. It was the first skyscrapers to use the "H" lay-out. The bank itself was organized in 1850 by Roman Catholic Bishop John Hughes and the Irish Emigrant Society, with the purpose of protecting the savings of Irish immigrants to the city. The building is now owned by the City of New York, and was designated a NYC landmark in 1984; both the exterior and interior are landmarked. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))

Media in category "Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank"

The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.