Category:Fort Amanda

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Object location 40° 40′ 53″ N, 84° 16′ 06″ W View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama info
English: Fort Amanda was a frontier fortification, boat-building center, and supply depot for the United States in western Ohio during the War of 1812. Abandoned late in the war without seeing any significant fighting, it is now a state park, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.