Category:George S. Bowdoin Stable

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The George S. Bowdoin Stable at 149 East 38th Street between Lexington and Third Avenues in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1902 as a stable for William R. H. Martin, a businessman and real-estate developer, who sold it to George S. Bowdoin in 1907. Designed by Ralph S. Townsend in the Dutch Revival style, it was converted to a garage in 1918 and later to a single family residence. As of 2012 it houses the Gabarron Foundation and the Carriage House for the Arts. It was designated a NYC landmark in 1997. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.))

Media in category "George S. Bowdoin Stable"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.