Category:Gminas in Poland
|This is a main category requiring frequent diffusion and maybe maintenance. As many pictures and media files as possible should be moved into appropriate subcategories.|
The gmina or municipality (frequently translated commune), plural: gminy, is the principal unit (lowest level) of territorial division in Poland. As of 2004 there were 2,478 gminas. The word gmina is derived from the German word Gemeinde, meaning "commune" or "community". Since 1972, when it replaced the smaller gromada, the gmina has been the basic unit of administrative division.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Coats of arms of gminas of Poland (16 C, 9 F)
- ► Flags of gminas of Poland (3 C, 8 F)
- ► Gminas in Greater Poland Voivodeship (210 C)
- ► Gminas in Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship (130 C)
- ► Gminas in Lesser Poland Voivodeship (172 C)
- ► Locator maps of gminas of Poland (12 C)
- ► Gminas in Lower Silesian Voivodeship (135 C, 1 F)
- ► Gminas in Lublin Voivodeship (195 C)
- ► Gminas in Lubusz Voivodeship (76 C)
- ► Gminas in Łódź Voivodeship (180 C, 1 F)
- ► Gminas in Masovian Voivodeship (289 C)
- ► Gmina offices in Poland (1 C)
- ► Gminas in Opole Voivodeship (70 C)
- ► Gminas in Podlaskie Voivodeship (108 C)
- ► Gminas in Pomeranian Voivodeship (105 C)
- ► Gminas in Silesian Voivodeship (119 C)
- ► Gminas in Subcarpathian Voivodeship (145 C)
- ► Gminas in Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (99 C)
- ► Gminas in Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship (101 C)
- ► Gminas in West Pomeranian Voivodeship (106 C)
Media in category "Gminas in Poland"
This category contains only the following file.
- POLSKA mapa gminy.png