Category:Gwrtheyrn Castle (ship, 1876)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Gwrtheyrn Castle was a iron barque built 1876 by Osbourne, Graham & Co., Sunderland for R. Rees, Caernarvon. 1881 sold to R. Thomas & Co., Criccieth and 1906 to Antonio Gotusso, Portofino, Genoa. 1913 sold to Jakobstads Rederi Ab, Jakobstad, Finland and renamed Ira. 1914 laid up in Jakobstad, and sold during the war to Oy Tonnage Ab, Raumo, Finland. In 1922 sold to Scott, Fell & Co., Sydney, New South Wales, who gave her back her original name. She used as coal hulk in Sydney until 1923.
She was 202.4 ft (61.7 m) in length, 31.6 ft (9.6 m) in breadth and 18.9 ft (5.8 m) depth and had c. 786 - 800 GRT and 710 NRT. She was rigged as a three-masted barque carrying royals over single topgallant sails.[1][2]

Names:

Media in category "Gwrtheyrn Castle (ship, 1876)"

This category contains only the following file.