Category:Hofuku Maru (ship, 1918)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: General cargo ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Kawasaki Dockyard Co. Ltd., Kobe Japan
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion:
- Length over all: 117.5 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 15.6 m
- Draught: 10.2 m
- GRT: 5857
- Sail area:
- Main engine: Steam triple expansion 440 n.h.p
- Speed: 14 kn
- 1918 Named: HOFUKU MARU for Kokusai Kisen K. K. Flag: Japan
- 21.09.1944 In convoy Mata-27 1047 en route from Singapore to Japan attacked by US torpedo carrying bombers for the second time and sunk about eighty miles north of Corregidor when only three days out. It took only a few minutes for the ship to go down. Loaded with 1,289 British and Dutch prisoners-of-war and drowning around 1,047 men who were trapped in the holds. Less than 250 survived.
Media in category "Hofuku Maru (ship, 1918)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Bundesarchiv Bild 137-...