From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Built by Alexander Hall and Co. Ltd., Aberdeen. YN709.
- Steel Screw Tug.
- Length 105.2 Ft
- B 27.1 Ft
- D 11.7 Ft
- 233 Grt.
- 900ihp 3 Cyl TE oil fired steam engine by builder.
- Official No.180997.
- Call sign GDPM.
- 21-1-1946 Launched as EMPIRE RAYMOND for Ministry of War Transport. Foremost class.
- 30-4-1946 completed and handed over to Townsend Bros. Ferries Ltd. for onward delivery.
- 12-1946 Sold to William Watkins Ltd. for £36,000,
- 1947 renamed CERVIA
- 1-2-1950 Transferred to Ship Towage [London) Ltd.
- 26-10-1954 Capsized and sank whilst assisting P & 0 liner Arcadia at Tilbury. The Skipper and four crew were drowned.
- 28-10-1954 Raised and towed to Ramsgate for repairs.
- 27-1-1969 Transferred to London Tugs Limited.
- 1971 Sold for preservation at Medway Maritime Museum.
- 1973 returned to towing with International Towing Ltd., UK/Europe coastal towage and North Sea oil rig moves. Last in service as port tug at Ramsgate.
- July 1985 loaned to East Kent Maritime Trust's Ramsgate Maritime Museum, for preservation.
- Look up "IMO 5067534"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cervia (tugboat, 1946) (3 F)