From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Builder: Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd., Japan
- Purchased by MARAD: August 9, 1993
- Conversion Shipyard: Bethlehem Steel, Baltimore, Md.
- Length: 197.5 meters
- Beam: 32 meters
- Draft: 9.75 meters
- Displacement: approx. 35,350 long tons full load
- Speed: 16+ knots
- Crew: 9 civilian mariners in ROS; 29 civilian mariners when activated
- Homeport: Portsmouth, Va.
- Propulsion system: two Diesel engines
- Propellers: one
- 1977 Name: SEASPEED ARABIA for Ro-Ro Charterers Corp. as MV
- Renamed: SAUDI RIYADH
- 08.1993 Sold to Maritime Administration and was subsequently converted for military use at Bethlehem Steel's Sparrows Point Shipyard at Baltimore, Md. Renamed: CAPE RISE (T-AKR 9678).
- 21.11.1994 Assigned to the Ready Reserve Force and maintained in reduced operating status in a layberth at Portsmouth, Va.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cape Rice (ship, 1977) (1 F)