Category:Illinois Central Railroad Main Station (Champaign, Illinois)
The Illinois Central Railroad Main Station, at 116 N. Chestnut Street between E. University Avenue and E. Main Street in Champaign, Illinois, was built in 1898, and was designed in the Beaux-Arts style by Francis T. Bacon, who also designed Illinois Central (IC) depots in Carbondale, Springfield and Decatur. The IC laid tracks here in 1854, but, because of the geography of the area, chose to go two miles west of the county seat, Urbana. The town that grew up around the depot, West Urbana, was chartered in 1860 as the city of Champaign. Amtrak served this station until 1998. The building has since been redeveloped as commercial space. (Sources:  and )
Media in category "Illinois Central Railroad Main Station (Champaign, Illinois)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.