Category:LST-1048 (ship, 1945)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- USS LST-1048
- Laid down, 7 January 1945, at Dravo Yards, Neville Island, Pittsburgh PA;
- Launched, 17 February 1945;
- Placed in reduced commission as, 15 March 1945 for transit to her fitting out yard at New Orleans; Commissioned in full, 28 March 1945 at New Orleans LA;
- Decommissioned, 14 May 1946, in Japan;
- Struck from the Naval Register;
- Custody transferred to US Army;
- Reacquired by the US Navy , reinstated in the Naval Register, and recommissioned, 26 August 1950;
- Renamed USS MORGAN COUNTY (LST-1048), 1 July 1955;
- Decommissioned, 10 May 1956;
- Placed in service with MSTS, redesignated USNS Morgan County (T-LST-1048);
- Placed out of service, (date unknown);
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 August 1959;
- Sold for scrapping, 10 June 1960, to Ships Inc.
Media in category "LST-1048 (ship, 1945)"
This category contains only the following file.
- USS Morgan County.jpg