Category:LST-1082 Pitkin County (ship, 1945)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- USS LST-1082
- Laid down, 18 November 1944, at American Bridge Co. Ambridge, PA.
- Launched, 26 January 1945
- Commissioned, USS LST-1082, 7 February 1945, at Naval Repair Base, Algiers, LA.
- Decommissioned, 5 August 1946, at Astoria, OR.
- Laid up in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, Columbia River Group, Astoria
- Recommissioned at Astoria, 6 September 1950, LCDR. John E. Chadwick, USNR, in command
- Named USS Pitkin County (LST-1082), 1 July 1955
- Decommissioned, 1 September 1955, at San Diego, CA.
- Laid up in the Pacific Reserve Flee, San Diego Group
- Recommissioned, 9 July 1966, at Long Beach CA., LT. C. E. Quarles in command
- Decommissioned, 1 September 1971
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 April 1975
- Sold for scrapping, 19 December 1975, by DRMS (Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service)
- Resold to Max Rouse & Sons, Beverly Hills, CA. and taken in hand by Marine Industries, Tacoma, WA. for conversion for commercial use
- Sold to Landing System Technology Pte. Ltd,, Singapore (Lauritz Kloster, Norway) in 1975 and renamed MV LST 4
- Arrived at Piraeus, Greece having been acquired by Maritime & Commercial Co. Argonaftis S.A., Panama (Greek flag) and renamed Petrola 144, 6 June 1978
- Entered service, 26 October 1980
- Arrived at the ship breakers at Gadani Beach, Pakistan for demolition, 16 April 1988.
Media in category "LST-1082 Pitkin County (ship, 1945)"
This category contains only the following file.