Category:LST-1096 (ship, 1945)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- USS LST-1096
- Laid down, 27 November 1944, at Jefferson Boat and Machine Co., Jeffersonville, IN.
- Launched, 10 January 1945
- Commissioned , 2 February 1945
- Decommissioned, 24 August 1946, at Astoria, OR.
- Laid up in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, Columbia River Group
- Recommissioned, 3 October 1950, at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Bremerton, WA.
- Named USS St. CLAIR COUNTY (LST-1096), 1 July 1955
- Decommissioned, 26 September 1969, at Bremerton, WA. Laid up in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, Bremerton Group
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 April 1975
- Sold for scrapping, 1 December 1975, by the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service (DRMS) to Max Rouse & Sons, Beverly Hills, CA
- Taken in hand by Marine Industries, Tacoma, WA. for conversion to commercial service
- Sold to Landing System Technology Pte. Ltd., Singapore (Lauritz Kloster, Norway) and renamed MV LST 5 in 1976
- Arrived at Piraeus, Greece having been acquired by Maritime & Commercial Co. Argonaftis S.A., Panama (Greek flag) and renamed MV PETROLA 145, 30 June 1978
- Entered Service, 20 September 1980
- Sold for demolition in 1988
- Final Disposition, scrapped.