Category:LST-344 Blanco County (ship, 1943)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
The USS Blanco County (LST-344) was an LST-1 tank landing ship built for the United States Navy during World War II. Named for Blanco County, Texas, she was the only U.S. Naval vessel to bear the name.
- USS LST 344
- Laid down, 18 October 1942, at Norfolk Navy Yard, Portsmouth, VA.
- Launched, 15 December 1942
- Commissioned, 14 January 1943
- Decommissioned, 7 June 1946, in the Atlantic Reserve Fleet Green Cove Springs,, FL.
- Recommissioned, 5 January 1952, at Norfolk, VA
- Named USS Blanco County (LST-344), 1 July 1955
- Decommissioned, 28 February 1956 and laid up in the Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Green Cove Springs
- Recommissioned, 9 June 1966, at NAB Little Creek, VA
- Decommissioned, 3 October 1969, at Orange, TX.
- Struck from the Naval Register, 15 September 1974
- Final Disposition, sold for scrapping, 1 July 1975, to W.L. Weeks[[Category:Scrapped ships