Category:Landgravine Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt
Amalie of Hesse-Darmstadt (June 20, 1754, Prenzlau – June 21, 1832, Bruchsal) was the daughter of en:Louis IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt and Henriette Karoline of Palatine-Zweibrücken. Amalie married her first cousin, Margrave Charles Louis of Baden on July 15, 1775. He was the son of Charles Frederick (who in 1806, after his death, became the 1st Grand Duke of Baden) and Karoline Luise of Hesse-Darmstadt, the daughter of Ludwig VIII of Hesse-Darmstadt.
They had eight children:
- Katharine Amalie Christiane Luise (July 13, 1776-October 26, 1823)
- Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine von Baden (July 13, 1776-November 13,1841) married on March 9,1797 the then Duke Maximilian of Zweibrucken (May 27,1756--October 13,1825 as his second wife (and became grandmother of Empress Elisabeth of Austria). In 1799 her husband became Elector Palatine and Elector of Bavaria, and in 1804 King of Bavaria (her titles accordingly being Duchess, then Electress, then Queen).
- Elizabeth Alexeievna (Louise of Baden) (January 24,1779-May 16,1826) married on October 9,1793 Tsar Alexander I of Russia (December 23,1777-December 1,1825).
- Frederica of Baden (March 12,1781-September 25,1826) married on October 31,1797 King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden. They divorced in 1812.
- Marie Elisabeth Wilhelmine (September 7,1782-April 29,1808) married on November 1,1802 Frederick William, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (October 9,1771-June 16,1815).
- Karl Friedrich (September 13,1784-March 1,1785)
- Karl, Grand Duke of Baden, the future 2nd Grand Duke of Baden (June 8,1786 in Karlsruhe-December 8,1818 in Rastatt)
- Princess Wilhelmine of Baden (September 10,1788-January 27,1836) married her first cousin en:Louis II, Grand Duke of Hesse (December 26,1777-June 16,1848).