Category:Lawrence and Eris Field Building, Baruch College

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Lawrence and Eris Field Building of Baruch College at 17 Lexington Avenue at 23rd Street was originally built in 1928-30 as the "Commerce Building" of the School of Business and Civic Administration of the City College of New York (established in 1919 and renamed to the Bernard M. Baruch School of Business and Public Administration in 1953). City College had originated as the Free Academy in an earlier James Renwick-designed building on this spot, and in 1906 moved to a new campus in Manhattanville (now part of Harlem), but the new Business School opened and ran in the old building until 1926. The building was razed, and the first 8 floors of the current building were completed by 1929, with the remainder done by 1930. It was designed by Thompson, Holmes & Converse in the Italian Renaissance revival style. The Baruch School became Baruch College in 1968, after the City University of New York (CUNY) was formed. (Sources: "History of Baruch" on the Baruch College website and New York Times article)

Media in category "Lawrence and Eris Field Building, Baruch College"

The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.