Category:Lord Selkirk II (ship, 1969)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Official Number: 322537
|Built by||Purvis Navcon/Selkirk Machine Works Ltd. in Selkirk, Manitoba|
|Length overall||53.6 m (58.6 yd)|
|Beam||12.5 m (13.7 yd)|
|Draft||2.5 m (2.7 yd)|
|Gross register tonnage||1486 register tons|
|Main engine||Two Caterpillar turbocharged D343 diesels rated @ 375 HP each|
- 1969-06-09 Christened on Monday June 9th by Mrs.Roland Michener, wife of the Governor-General of Canada. Named: LORD SELKIRK II for Lake Winnipeg Navigation Ltd. The bottle of champagne broke on the second attempt.
- 1969-06-23 Maiden voyage from Selkirk, Manitoba to Winnipeg. The Skipper was Capt.Ken Lyons, age 58 of Winnipeg. Ship operated by a crew of 30.
- 1970 Manitoba Centennial Celebrations. That summer Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince Phillip, Princess Anne and Premier Ed Schreyer travelled aboard the Lord Selkirk II.
- 1971-12 Sold to Venture Manitoba/Manitoba Development Corporation
- 1974-07-21 The Great Red River Boat Parade started in Winnipeg at the Redboine Boating Club heading downstream (north) on the Red River and ending at the Royal Manitoba Yacht Club. During the parade the Lord Selkirk's mast glanced the hydro wires at the Bergen cut-off CPR bridge near Kildonan Park but no persons were injured.
- 1977-04 Low water It would take 4 weeks to deepen the entire length of the slough from the park to the entrance to the Red River.
- 1978-02 Sold to Sub-Arctic Expeditions. Due to high water levels in spring not operating this season.
- 1983 Sold to Bill Harris chairman of Pile Foundations Ltd. and local car dealer Jim Gauthier for $250,000. They started running day and evening cruises in Winnipeg under the company of Funship Cruise Lines. Harris later bought out Gauthier.
- 1983-08 In dry-dock for repairs to rudders and propellors.
- 1986-03-26 Sold to Selkirk businessman and former MP of Sprinfield Dr.Joeseph Slogan
- 2010-05-15 Sold to new un-named party. Vessel now scheduled to be scrapped later this year in Selkirk slough.
Media in category "Lord Selkirk II (ship, 1969)"
This category contains only the following file.
- MS Lord Selkirk II 201...