|This is a main category requiring frequent diffusion and maybe maintenance. As many pictures and media files as possible should be moved into appropriate subcategories.|
Mahabalipuram (Tamil: மகாபலிபுரம்) also known as Mamallapuram (Tamil: மாமல்லபுரம்) is a town in Kancheepuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Mahabalipuram was a 7th century port city of the South Indian dynasty of the Pallavas around 60 km south from the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu. It has various historic monuments built largely between the 7th and the 9th century, and has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Culture of Mahabalipuram (1 F)
- ► Geography of Mahabalipuram (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Historical images of Mahabalipuram (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Krishna's Butterball (32 F)
- ► Mahabalipuram lighthouse (22 F)
- ► Nature of Mahabalipuram (3 C)
- ► People of Mahabalipuram (24 F)