Category:Masonic Building and Hall (Manhattan)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Masonic Temple at the intersection of Sixth Avenue and West 23rd Street in what is now the Flatiron District of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1875 and was designed by Napoleon LeBrun. In 1905-1907 the Masonic Hall was built behind it on West 24th Street, designed by Harry P. Knowles, and the Temple was replaced in 1911-13 with the Masonic Building, also designed by Knowles, a commercial enterprise intended to generate money for the charitable activities of the Grand Lodge. The Masonic Hall has a 1200 seat theatre, the Grand Lodge Room, as well as a dozen other Lodge Rooms, all with elaborate ornamentation. The building was restored from 1986-96 by Felix Chavez, Fine Arts Decorating. (Source: Mendelsohn Touring the Flatiron (1998))

Media in category "Masonic Building and Hall (Manhattan)"

The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.