From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Mennecy-Villeroy porcelain (or Mennecy porcelain) is a French soft-paste porcelain from the manufactory established under the patronage of Louis-François-Anne de Neufville, duc de Villeroy (1695-1766) and— from 1748— housed in outbuildings ("les petites maisons") in the park of his château de Villeroy, and in the nearby village of Mennecy (Île-de-France). The duke's DV and D.V. incised or in underglaze blue were used as the factory mark. Though kaolin, or "china clay", was missing from the ingredients of its body, making it technically an imitation porcelain, the elite wares of Mennecy were intended to compete with Chantilly porcelain and other small manufactures, which were joined in 1745 by Vincennes porcelain. Besides table wares, Mennecy-Villeroy specialized in small figures, representing the Seasons, commedia dell'arte characters, and other galanteries.
This category has only the following subcategory.