- Mithras is also a gossamer-winged butterfly genus in tribe Eumaeini.
This category is a sub-category of Category:Mithraism, i.e. the Roman Mithraic Mysteries, the cult of the Roman god Mithras (Latin Mithras, but sometimes spelled without -s in some languages, which invariably leads to confusion with other figures).
Guidance for uploaders:
- If the image you are tagging does not obviously fall into one of the following three categories (these are very easy to identify),...
- then it is probably a picture of one of the torchbearers (Cautes or Cautopates) or of the snake-entwined lion-headed figure (Leontocephaline), or one of the numerous other Greco-Roman figures that were worshiped alongside Mithras in the Mithraic temples (mithraea).
NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH Category:Mithra, which pertains to an Iranian divinity.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Mithras"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Bas relief from Virunu...
- Head Mithras marble 3r...
- MANA - Medaillon Mithr...
- Mithra head.jpg
- Mithraic banquet scene...
- Polychrome reproductio...
- Mithras exposed in Bat...
- Mithras in the Museo N...
- Nemrut Dağı 09.jpg
- Phrygian cap Walbrook...