From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: New Houghton, is a small rural former coal mining village in Derbyshire, England. It lies within the Parish of Pleasley, approx. 3 and a half miles from Bolsover and Mansfield. It is administered as part of the District of Bolsover. The population is around 1850 (2001 census). New Houghton was originally built in the 1890's to house workers from Pleasley Pit which was worked from 1874 until its closure in 1983. Nearest villages are Stony Houghton, Pleasley and Glapwell.