Category:New York City Criminal Courts Building
The New York City Criminal Courts Building at 100 Centre Street between Hogan Place and White Street in the Civic Center district of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1938-1941 at the cost of $14 million and was designed by Harvey Wiley Corbett and Charles B. Meyers in the Art Moderne style. The building houses courtrooms for the Criminal and Supreme Courts, the offices of the District Attorney of New York County (Manhattan) and the Legal Aid Society, and city offices for the Police Department, Department of Correction, and Department of Probation. This view is looking north from Leonard Street, which becomes Hogan Place when it crosses Centre Street. The farthest wing of the building, on the left of the image, is the south building of the Manhattan Detention Complex, also known as "The Tombs", which connects to the court section (the two center wings) by the "Bridge of Sighs". It also connects by pedestrian bridge across White Street to the MDC's north tower, built in 1989. The interior of the MDC's part of 100 Centre Street was redesigned by the Gruzen Partnership in 1986. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Wikimapia)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "New York City Criminal Courts Building"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.