Category:Palais Saint-Pierre

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Français : Jusqu’en 1792, les bâtiments ont appartenu à l'abbaye royale des Dames de Saint-Pierre reconstruite au XVIIe siècle. Après la Révolution, les bâtiments accueillent le Palais du Commerce et des Arts. En 1860, la Chambre de Commerce quitte le Palais Saint-Pierre. L’établissement s’appelle désormais le Palais des Arts. À partir de 1875, les collections du musée connaissent une expansion remarquable. Il s’ensuit de nouveaux travaux d’agrandissement. L’escalier réalisé par Pierre Puvis de Chavannes date de cette époque.
English: The Saint-Pierre Palace and surrounding buildings, constructed in the 17th century, served as a convent of the Dames de Saint-Pierre until 1792. After the French Revolution, the complex became home to the "Palais du Commerce et des Arts", a museum of works confiscated from the nobility and the clergy, although other collections and works were added in subsequent years. In 1860, the palace was renamed the "Palais des Arts". 1875 marked the beginning of a significant expansion of the museum's collections and facilities; it was during this period that the staircase by Pierre Puvis de Chavannes was installed.

This building is en partie classé, en partie inscrit au titre des Monuments Historiques. It is indexed in the Base Mérimée, a database of architectural heritage maintained by the French Ministry of Culture, under the reference PA00117981.


brezhoneg | català | Deutsch | Ελληνικά | English | español | euskara | suomi | français | magyar | italiano | 日本語 | македонски | Nederlands | português | português do Brasil | română | русский | 中文 | +/−

Subcategories

This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.