Category:Paulus-Haus Jerusalem

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Das Paulus-Haus Jerusalem des katholischen Deutschen Vereins vom Heiligen Lande in der Nablus Road/Derech Schchem 2, ist ein Hospiz nahe dem Damaskustor in Jerusalem. Das Haus, 1904–1908 erbaut, eröffnete als Sankt Paulushospiz im Jahre 1908 und ersetzte das alte Hospiz in der Hillel-Straße 27, jetzt Tempio Italiano und Umberto Nachon Museum für italienische jüdische Kunst. Nachdem die Briten das St. Paulushospiz bis 1950 als Generalkonsulat genutzt hatten, zog dann das Hospiz und die vorher im Rechov haNevi'im angesiedelte Mädchenschule ins heutige Paulus-Haus. Die Schmidt-Schule (Schmidt College for Girls) bezog einen eigenen Anbau 1964, seither ist das Haus wieder Hospiz, mit einer kleinen Ausstellung von Tempelmodellen.
English: The Paulus-Haus Jerusalem (Jerusalem Paul House) of the Catholic Deutscher Verein vom Heiligen Lande (German Association of the Holy Land) on Nablus Road/Derekh Shkhem 2, is a hospice close to Damascus Gate in Jerusalem. The building, erected between 1904 and 1908, was named Sankt Paulushospiz (Saint Paul Hospice) when it opened in 1908 and replaced the old hospice on Hillel Street 27, now housing the Tempio Italiano and the Nahon Museum for Italian Jewish Art. After 1940 the Britons used the edifice as consulate general until 1950. Then the Association of the Holy Land moved back in, also housing its girls school (today's Schmidt College for Girls) formerly run on Rekhov haNevi'im. In 1964 the Schmidt College moved into the newly built extension annexed to Paulus-Haus. Paulus-Haus also displays models of the Temple by Conrad Schick in a little museum.

Subcategories

This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.