The Philadelphia Mint was founded by Act of Congress in 1792. The fourth, and current, building, at 151 North Independence Mall East (N. 5th St.) in the Old City neighborhood, was completed in 1969 and was designed by Vincent G. Kling. It was the world's largest mint when it was built and held that distinction as of January 2009. The full-block building is bounded by Arch Street (south), N. 5th Street (west), Race Street (north) and N. 4th Street (east)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Medals manufactured by the Philadelphia Mint (1 C, 16 F)