From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Cavalleggeri gate. The visible gate of today (bricked up) is actually a reconstruction since the original gate was pulled down in 1904 to make place for the a large street. The fountain on the left of todays gate was originally on the right side of the original. The remnants of a round defensive tower, called Turrionis, can still be seen on the eastern side of the street.